Over the years, I’ve found that a relaxed yet romantic dinner at home, as opposed to a night out, is much more desirable. Sure, the novelty of a restaurant meal is something to savor, but I love the comfort and intimacy of date night chez moi. Where to start? Set the mood by dimming the lights, putting on your favorite record and preparing a delicious meal to roast in the oven. After? Prepare for the presence. To make any night with your partner more meaningful, I’ve curated a list of 50 intimacy questions that will help guide your conversation and help you both go deeper.
While setting is key to an intimate evening at home, without enticing conversation, even the most beautiful setting can fail. So put aside the stress of the day or week and come to the table with intentional questions that will help you deepen your relationship.
Featured image by Michelle Nash.
50 questions for intimacy to bring you closer
Here’s an important PSA to keep in mind: Going out with your significant other can be about more than an expensive dinner or a bouquet of flowers. With the mindset, intention and questionssetting aside these special moments can deepen your love and bring a fresh and renewed perspective to your relationship.
Like the famous “36 Questions to Fall in Love”, these 50 Questions for Intimacy have been divided into five sets, with each subsequent set of questions getting more intimate. Start at the beginning and work your way up (and grow!) from there. May the conversations these questions inspire take you to exciting places with your loved one. Because however you decide to spend your Friday night, that’s really the goal, isn’t it?
Questions for Intimacy: Series 1
- Would you like to be famous?
- What would the perfect day be like for you? How would you spend it?
- What song always makes you think of me?
- If we could travel anywhere right now, where would you choose and why?
- What movie do you think would reflect our relationship?
- If you didn’t have to work, what would you do with your life?
- How do you think our careers affect our relationship?
- What thing/object/activity always brings you joy?
- Describe love as an emotion or feeling.
- What are the three qualities of mine that first attracted you?
Questions for Intimacy: Series 2
- What do you think is the best way to deal with a problem?
- How do you like to be shown love?
- Which country do you think is the most romantic?
- How do you like to show love?
- What do you remember from when we were falling in love?
- When have you been most proud of me?
- Of the five senses, which is the most sensual for you?
- My sexiest feature is… ?
- Is there something you are afraid of achieving that I can help you with?
- What makes our relationship strong?
Questions for Intimacy: Series 3
- What makes you feel most loved?
- Share a time when you felt ashamed.
- If we were to meet again for the first time, but with all the knowledge of our relationship so far, what would you tell me?
- What do you think your younger self would think of our relationship?
- What is the best way that I can make you feel loved?
- What’s a question you’ve always wanted to ask me but never did?
- If you could relive one day together, what would it be?
- What is your favorite memory of us?
- Is our relationship physical enough for you? What would make it better in your eyes?
- What is the best part of our relationship?
Questions for Intimacy: Series 4
- If you could, what would you have changed about your childhood?
- What are you afraid to tell someone else?
- Who was the last person you cried in front of? Because?
- How and where do you like to be touched?
- Do you have a fantasy that you would like to fulfill?
- What’s the closest you’ve ever felt to me?
- Is there anything we haven’t tried that you’d like to try?
- What difference do we have that makes us complementary?
- Share a time when our differences helped us understand each other.
- What aspect of our relationship do you think would be important to teach others?
Questions for intimacy: Series 5
- What is your biggest regret?
- How and when did you know that we would do it as a couple?
- What is a fear that we have never talked about?
- What do you feel is your greatest weakness? How can I help support you with that?
- What was something you were missing in a younger version of yourself?
- What have you learned about your parents’ relationships?
- Can you describe a moment when you felt really alive?
- What do you think is the most important component of a family?
- Where do you see yourself (or us) in five years?
- Do you think it’s true that love is more than just a feeling?
Looking for more ways to level up your life? Steal Camille’s ideas to create a morning routine you’ll love.
This post was originally published on February 14, 2022 and has since been updated.