This 4 Ingredient Banana Bread It’s super moist, fluffy, and uses basic pantry ingredients.
We love everything about banana bread.
Whether it’s in cookies, protein bars, or baked oatmeal, we don’t pick favorites.
While there are tons of delicious banana bread recipes out there, the fewer ingredients the better. Similar to our 3-ingredient version, we have today’s 4-ingredient banana bread that is amazing.
Why You’ll Love This 4-Ingredient Banana Bread Recipe
- Only 4 ingredients. There is no need to create a mess in your kitchen just to bake banana bread. This recipe calls for just four ingredients for the most delicious banana bread.
- Perfectly fluffy and moist. Despite being made from only four ingredients, this banana bread turns out to be fluffy and moist just the way we all love it.
- Works with your favorite plugins. Whether you like chocolate in your banana bread or nuts, this recipe works perfectly as a blank canvas for all your banana bread preferences.
If you’re always looking for an easier banana bread recipe, look no further! A banana bread doesn’t get any easier than this!
- Mashed bananas. Choose overripe plantains for this recipe. They will provide a brighter, sweeter banana flavor and result in a moister bread.
- Eggs. An important ingredient that provides the structure of the bread and gives stability to the dough.
- Flour with yeast. Since we do not use baking powder in this recipe, it is very important to use self-rising flour. You can also make your own, by combining salt, all-purpose flour, and baking powder.
- Brown sugar. The mild caramel flavor of brown sugar makes it work perfectly for banana bread.
How to make 4 ingredient banana bread
Since this banana bread is made with only four ingredients, it’s easy to guess that it only takes a couple of minutes to make.
- Mix the bananas and eggs.. Peel and mash the plantains with a fork or a potato masher. Bananas should be mashed into a smooth puree, although having a few lumps is fine. Add them to a large bowl, along with the eggs, and mix well until fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients. Next, measure and add the brown sugar and self-rising flour. Mix to combine all the ingredients.
- Bake. Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan. You can spray the pan with cooking oil to prevent the bread from sticking. Bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- cool and cut. Let the banana bread cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Tips to make the best recipe.
- Add vanilla extract. If you have vanilla extract at home, feel free to add a splash to your banana bread batter. It will enhance all the flavors in the banana bread making it much richer.
- Bake the plantains if they are not ripe enough. Making banana bread with green bananas is not a good idea as they are not soft and sweet enough. If all you have are green plantains, peel them and roast them in the preheated 300F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix the ingredients in the correct order. Not following recipe instructions and going out of order when mixing ingredients can result in the wrong batter consistency and the banana bread may simply not turn out right.
- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper. Doing this prevents the banana bread from sticking to the pan and helps remove it easily and without damage.
- Spices. Ground cinnamon, nutmeg, all the spices, and cloves go perfectly with banana bread and give it a warmer, more aromatic flavor.
- Chocolate. If no dessert is complete for you without chocolate, feel free to add some dark chocolate chips to the banana bread batter.
- Walnuts. Chopped nuts, including walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews, and walnuts, are another great addition to banana bread.
- Orange peel. A small amount of orange zest added to the batter will enhance the flavor of your banana bread. You can also try adding a small amount of freshly squeezed orange juice to the batter.
- Peanut butter. Banana and peanut butter is such a great combination, so mix it up with some peanut butter.
Store. Store leftover banana bread in an airtight container for 3 to 4 days. There is no need to refrigerate banana bread. Just make sure to keep it out of direct sunlight and heat sources.
Freeze. You can also freeze banana bread. Wrap well with food wrap, place in a zip-top bag, and freeze up to 6 months. Thaw banana bread on the counter or in a preheated 350F degree oven.
Recommended tools to make this recipe.
More Banana Bread Recipes to Try
Over-mixing the batter is one of the biggest mistakes you can make when making banana bread. You need to mix the batter enough to fully combine all the ingredients. Over-mixing the batter results in a dense banana bread.
While you can make banana bread without baking soda, doing so is not a good idea as the banana bread may not rise well. If you don’t have baking soda, use baking powder instead.
To make this gluten-free banana bread recipe, use gluten-free self-raising flour. If you can’t find gluten-free self-raising flour in your local stores, make your own. Add 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder and ¼ teaspoon of salt to each cup of gluten-free flour and mix well.
Prevent your screen from going dark
Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Grease or line a 9 x 4-inch loaf pan and set aside.
In a large bowl, add the plantains and mash well. Add the eggs, followed by the sugar and flour, until just blended.
Transfer the dough to the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Allow bread to cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
Service: 1sliceCalories: 158kcalCarbohydrates: 32gramProtein: 4gramFat: 2gramSodium: twenty-onemilligramsPotassium: 172milligramsFiber: 1gramSugar: 13gramVitamin A: 90UIVitamin C: 3milligramsCalcium: 19milligramsIron: 1milligramsNET CARBS: 31gram
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any product or service on this website.