Black Bean and Corn Salad it might be the easiest salad you’ve ever made. It is made with sweet corn, black beans, lime juice, cotija, and fresh cilantro.
I am salivating thinking about eating this black bean and corn salad along with cilantro lime chicken or grilled shrimp and a house made grapefruit margarita. It is our favorite salad when we have leftover ears of corn.
Our recipe can be made with fresh corn, canned corn, or frozen corn and only takes 10 minutes to prepare. Mix everything together in a bowl and you have the most enjoyable salad for everyone ready.
What’s in Black Bean and Corn Salad?
- black beans: we used canned black beans that were drained and rinsed, but you can also make your own.
- corn: Our favorite thing to do is slice the corn kernels right off the cob using our Grilled Corn in Foil recipe, but canned or frozen corn works just as well.
- jalapeno: we love using fresh jalapenos in this recipe, but you can also opt for canned if that’s easier for you.
- Tomatoes: there are so many variations of tomatoes out there, so use what you have. We opted for multicolored cherry tomatoes.
- cilantro: cilantro gives a wonderful fresh flavor to this black bean and corn salad. Be sure to use fresh!
- onion: a little chopped onion goes a long way.
- Cotija cheese: Cotija cheese is a salty Mexican cheese. You can also use queso fresco if you have that!
- lime juice: fresh lemon juice is the base of the vinaigrette dressing that ties everything together for this black bean and corn salad.
- Apple cider vinegar: ACV adds a bit of zing. If you don’t have it, you can use a little white vinegar too.
Frequently asked questions
Is Black Bean and Corn Salad Healthy?
If you are looking for a fresh and healthy cold salad to throw together, this Black Bean Corn Salad is a healthy option due to its high fiber content and fresh, whole ingredients. It is packed with so many vegetables and legumes that it makes for a healthy salad option.
How long does black bean salad keep in the fridge?
Store black bean salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 to 5 days.
Leftover Black Bean Corn Salad? Just transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
What to Serve with Black Bean and Corn Salad
Our two favorite ways to eat this Black Bean Corn Salad is as a salad or as a salsa/dip with tortilla chips.
Here are some easy meals to serve on the side: Serve as a dip over carnitas, on top of ground beef nachos, or alongside beer can chicken or crock pot chicken tacos. Don’t forget the skinny daisy!
- 2 cups sweet corn canned, frozen or grilled
- 1 15- oz. can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1.5 cup Cherry tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- 1/3 cup shredded cotija cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno optional
- 23 tablespoons lime juice
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until just combined.
Season with more lemon juice and salt, to taste.
Serve as a salad, dip or condiment. Your choice!
Tips and Notes
Storage: store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Calories: 152kcal Carbohydrates: 25gram Protein: 8gram Fat: 3gram Fiber: 6gram Sugar: 5gram