Learn to trend Pasta with Boursin Cheese in this simple effortless recipe! This delicious dish features pasta al dente with sweet cherry tomato, creamy Boursin cheese, and Parmesan sauce seasoned with garlic, basil, and chili flakes.
As a huge fan of cheese and pasta, trying this recipe was a no-brainer. Like hearty macaroni and cheese or cottage cheese lasagna, this boursin cheese pasta also satisfies.
And speaking of satisfying cheesy recipes, have you tried my Cheese Bread, Cheese Chips, and Cream Cheese Crackers? If not, try them as a side to this magnificent plate of food.
What is pasta with Boursin cheese?
Boursin is a brand of French Gournay cheese. It is a soft, creamy, crumbly cheese that resembles cream cheese in texture. It comes in several tasty flavors of herbs, aromatics and spices.
This pasta recipe combines the sweet acidity and juiciness of cherry tomatoes and the rich creaminess of Boursin herbs. When baked together, the flavors combine beautifully to make a decadent sauce.
Why you will love this recipe
- Easy. With minimal prep time and no complicated techniques, this recipe is perfect for beginners.
- do forward. Boursin pasta is a delicious leftover; you can make a lot of pasta and make it in batches for the week.
- Quick and delicious. You will be amazed at the depth of flavor and complexity of this recipe in 35-40 minutes.
What I love about this recipe is how easy it is to customize this pasta. Add your favorite veggies, protein, and cheese to make it just how you like it!
In addition to the titular Boursin cheese, ten other ingredients make up this irresistible plate of food. Let’s see what is all you need:
- Boursin cheese. Buy your favorite flavor of this cheese at the supermarket.
- Cherry tomatoes. Ripe cherry tomatoes have a wonderful sweetness that is intensified by cooking.
- Olive oil. Help roast the tomatoes and garlic.
- Garlic. Use freshly minced garlic cloves for this paste. If you don’t have fresh garlic, substitute garlic powder.
- red pepper flakes For the hot
- Pasta. I love using farfalle, penne, rigatoni, shell, or fusilli for this recipe.
- Salt and pepper. To the season.
- Pasta cooking water. Reserve a little water before draining the pasta to adjust the consistency of the sauce.
- Parmesan. Purchase a wedge of aged Parmesan cheese for maximum flavor.
- Basil leaves. Chop a bunch of fresh basil leaves to use as a garnish.
How to make pasta with Boursin cheese
Is making this paste as simple as the TikTok video you saw? Let’s find out!
1. make your sauce. Layer cherry tomatoes in a saucepan with olive oil, salt, garlic, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Top it with Boursin cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 35 minutes.
2. Cook pasta. Follow the instructions on your pasta package to cook it al dente. Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water and drain the rest.
3. mix and serve. Once the tomatoes and cheese are baked, combine them with pasta, pasta water, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Garnish with chopped basil and serve hot.
Tips to make the best recipe.
- Make a smooth sauce. To obtain a smooth and silky sauce, mix the tomato and cooked cheese mixture with the pasta water before combining it with the pasta.
- Distribute the tomatoes. Make sure the tomatoes are spread out in a single layer for even cooking.
- Adjust the spice level. You can adjust the pepper and red pepper flakes based on your spice preferences.
- Scale up. It’s easy to expand this recipe. Just choose a larger saucepan or make two batches.
- Do it with different cheeses. The original TikTok pasta was made with Feta instead of Boursin. You can do that combo for an experiment!
- Herbal Variations. Tomato and basil are a perfect match, as are tomato and spinach. So feel free to change the greens according to your preferences.
- Make Boursin Mushroom Sauce. Instead of cherry tomatoes, use sautéed mushrooms in the recipe. This will make for a beautiful cheesy Alfredo experience.
- Add more vegetables. You can add olives, sun-dried tomatoes, peas, or broccoli.
Store. Leftover Boursin Pasta tastes great. Store in the fridge and enjoy for 3-4 days.
To reheat. You can heat it in a pan with a splash of milk or water or in the microwave.
What to accompany with this pasta with Boursin cheese?
I love pairing this spicy pasta with crispy garlic bread and roasted vegetables like broccolini, asparagus, Brussels sprouts, and potatoes.
For a balanced meal, serve it with a protein such as grilled chicken, scallops, salmon, or snapper.
If you love the combination of salad and pasta, serve this pasta with fresh Greek salad, keto chicken salad, or a classic wedge salad.
More shrimp recipes to try:
Yes. Although Boursin cheese is usually served cold with crackers and bread, it melts well and works wonderfully in this recipe.
Interestingly, Boursin makes vegan cheeses. So she feels free to swap out the dairy version for a vegan one and replace the Parmesan cheese with nutritional yeast.
I do not recommend freezing this pasta. Often the cream splits, resulting in an unpleasant, grainy sauce.
Prevent your screen from going dark
Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
In a medium saucepan, place the cherry tomatoes and spread them into an even layer. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and garlic.
Place the Boursin cheese on top of the tomatoes and bake for 35 minutes.
Cook pasta according to package directions, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
Remove the dish from the oven and gently stir in the tomatoes and cheese. Add the pasta and pasta cooking water and mix until just combined. Fold in Parmesan cheese and basil and serve immediately.
Service: 1serviceCalories: 414kcalCarbohydrates: 28gramProtein: 12gramFat: 29gramSodium: 1037milligramsPotassium: 223milligramsFiber: 2gramSugar: 4gramVitamin A: 928UIVitamin C: 14milligramsCalcium: 198milligramsIron: 1milligramsNET CARBS: 26gram
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any product or service on this website.