A creamy and naturally sweet shake, this peach smoothie brings the best of summer in a single glass! It comes together easily and is the perfect breakfast or snack recipe!
The most delicious peach smoothie
While I may live in Minnesota where we have 4 seasons, I actually live life for 2 seasons: peach season and not peach season.
Unfortunately here in Minnesota we don’t have local peach orchards, but I always stock up on boxes of Colorado peaches that are shipped here every July and August. During those months I eat as many peaches as I can and freeze the rest to make peach smoothies!
It’s actually pretty easy to freeze peaches (I’ll show you how below!), but this peach smoothie recipe can be made with fresh or frozen peaches. In the summer, I tend to use fresh, but occasionally find myself craving a peach smoothie in the middle of winter (meaning NOT peach season), where I’ll turn to my beloved frozen peaches.
Either way, this is the most delicious. peach smoothie recipe Created by the person who lives his life for the peach season. All you need are a few simple ingredients and you have a flavorful snack or breakfast waiting for you. You do not believe me? Try it yourself!
Ingredients in a peach smoothie
- peaches – you can use fresh or frozen peaches. It will be thicker with frozen peaches but delicious either way.
- Banana – The banana adds natural sweetness, so you don’t need to add more.
- greek yogurt – this keeps things creamy and the peaches + yogurt give it a peaches and cream flavor. If you don’t eat dairy, you can use a plant-based yogurt alternative like coconut yogurt or cashew yogurt.
- Cinnamon – Ground cinnamon is the perfect addition to this smoothie recipe.
- almond milk – you can use any type of non-dairy milk. Oat milk, coconut milk, and soy milk taste great.
- Vanilla extract -just a splash to enhance the flavor of this peach smoothie.
- Ice -I like to add ice cubes to my smoothies to give them a creamier texture. You can omit the ice if you prefer (especially if you are using frozen peaches).
how to freeze peaches
Storing fresh summer peaches in the freezer is one of the best ways to enjoy peaches all year long.
Simply cut the peaches into wedges and spread them evenly on a baking sheet, leaving a little space between each one. Squeeze some lemon juice on your peach slices so they don’t brown, and then place the baking sheet directly in the freezer.
Freeze for 4 hours then remove slices and place in a ziplock bag. Store for 3-6 months.
How to make a peach smoothie
The instructions for this peach smoothie recipe couldn’t be simpler. Just add all of your ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth.
Easy Swaps + Variations
Add chia seeds – add a tablespoon of chia seeds, which are a great source of nutrition and fiber and also help thicken your smoothie.
add berries – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or any other frozen fruit work great. Add about 1/2-1 cup and mix with all other ingredients.
make it green – Add a cup or two of spinach or kale to make a green smoothie.
turn up the protein – Add a scoop of your favorite protein powder. I recommend vanilla protein powder but you can use your favorite flavor.
Is this shake vegan?
Unfortunately, this peach smoothie is not vegan as it contains Greek yogurt, however you can easily replace the Greek yogurt with a plant-based yogurt option like coconut yogurt or cashew yogurt.
Can I make this smoothie ahead of time?
I would not recommend making this smoothie ahead of time. The consistency is best when made fresh. You can keep it for a few hours in the fridge if you like, but again, it’s best when it’s cool.
Can I make this as a smoothie bowl?
Absolutely! Just reduce the almond milk to 1/4 cup.
More Smoothie Recipes
A creamy and naturally sweet shake, this peach smoothie brings the best of summer into one glass! It comes together easily and is the perfect breakfast or snack recipe!
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Time to cook: 0 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
- Produce: 1 service 1X
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Mix
- Diet: Without gluten
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peach slices
- 1 big banana
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- serve immediately
Keywords: peach smoothie, peach smoothie recipe
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join over 20,000 members of the THM community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips, and behind-the-scenes news from our team!