These air fryer fries they are crispy, crunchy and healthier too! Ready in minutes, they make the perfect side dish or snack!
We love cooking some of our favorite fried foods in the deep fryer.
cooking potatoes on this magical device it has been an absolute game changer. It is much faster and produces the most perfectly cooked potatoes.
From baked potato, potato wedges to sweet potato, dinner time is a breeze.
Taking inspiration from our sweet potato fries, we wanted to give the humble white potato the same treatment!
table of Contents
- Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Fries
- Ingredients needed
- How to Air Fry French Fries
- Tips to make the best recipe.
- storage instructions
- Recommended tools to make this recipe.
- More Air Fryer Vegetables to Try
- Frequent questions
- Air Fryer French Fries
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Fries
- They use simple ingredients. This recipe calls for potatoes and some spices that you probably already have in your pantry!
- Is it suitable for children. If you’ve ever been hesitant to give your kids fries, then these air fryers are a much better option.
- It’s fast. From prep to plate, these fries cook up in less than 15 minutes.
My favorite thing about this recipe is that you get the crispy, crunchy goodness of restaurant-quality French fries without the excessive calories you get from frying in oil. Serve with some big mac sauce or fry sauce for the perfect pairing.
Besides potatoes and seasonings, there isn’t much else to this recipe. This is what you will need:
- Large reddish potatoes. Wash them and cut them into slices of the same size.
- Olive oil. To air fry.
- Salt. Flavor.
- Italian seasoning.
How to Air Fry French Fries
- Rub, clean and cut the potatoes. After soaking them in water to loosen any dirt, scrub them to clean the potatoes. Once dry, cut them into chips of an even thickness.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season. Add the fries to a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and toss just enough to evenly coat. Then, for seasoning, sprinkle salt and Italian seasoning.
- Air Fry French Fries. Place a single layer of potatoes in the greased fryer basket and air fry at 200C/400F for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Repeat. If you intend to make a lot of fries, repeat this process for as many batches as necessary until you have your desired number of fries ready.
Tips to make the best recipe.
- Choose the right potatoes. The starchier the potatoes, the crispier and fluffier they will be. Russet or Idaho potatoes are best.
- Cut the fries evenly. So that all the fries cook evenly and at the same time.
- Soak the potatoes. If you have time, soak the potatoes for 30 minutes in cold water. This removes excess starch, which will result in a crispier fry.
- Don’t overload the basket. Cook the fries in a single layer. If necessary, cook the fries in batches.
- shake several times. Shaking the fryer basket during the cooking process will ensure that the fries are crisp on all sides.
Store: Place leftovers in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to three days.
Freeze: Place the cooled, cooked fries in a shallow container and store in the freezer for up to two months.
Overheating: Preheat your deep fryer and pop them in until they are ready to eat.
More Air Fryer Vegetables to Try
Yukon gold or russet potatoes are best for French fries due to their better texture and flavor.
As they do not have batter or flavored dressings, they are suitable for coeliacs.
Yes, if you want to make them in the oven, just prepare them as directed and bake at 190C/375F for 30-35 minutes, flipping halfway.
With less than 2 tablespoons of oil in the entire recipe, air fried potatoes are much healthier than their deep-fried counterparts. They contain a fraction of the calories and fat, and are not processed in the slightest.
Prevent your screen from going dark
Preheat air fryer to 190C/380F.
Scrub and clean potatoes and cut into ¼-inch French fries.
Add them to a mixing bowl, then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and Italian seasoning.
Add a single layer of potatoes in the air fryer basket and air fry for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway. If the fries are not fully cooked, cook a little longer.
Repeat the process until all the fries are cooked.
Service: 1serviceCalories: 177kcalCarbohydrates: 3. 4gramProtein: 4gramFat: 4gramSodium: 300milligramsPotassium: 773milligramsFiber: 3gramVitamin A: 6UIVitamin C: elevenmilligramsCalcium: 28milligramsIron: 2milligramsNET CARBS: 31gram
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any product or service on this website.