From green smoothie recipes to a basic strawberry smoothie, we’ve got all the smoothie inspiration you need here!
Check out over 100 healthy smoothie recipes and learn how to make your own unique healthy smoothies at home with our basic fruit smoothie recipe.
Say hello to the most beautiful smoothie recipes on the internet! Smoothies are a great healthy idea for breakfast, and speaking from experience, they are a great idea for dinner too! That’s right, it’s my go-to when I don’t have anything to eat.
Smoothies are all about finding the perfect ratio of fruit and liquid. That is why you will see in our basic smoothie recipe, we have some 1 cup of liquid for 2 cups of frozen fruit.
PS: Also check out our best protein shake recipes!
What goes into a smoothie recipe?
One unique thing about our smoothie recipes is that we don’t use ice. Instead, we use a 2:1 ratio of frozen fruit to liquid.
- 2 cups of frozen fruit (banana, strawberries, mixed berries, pineapple, tropical mix, etc.)
- 1 cup liquid (orange juice, almond milk, coconut water, coconut milk, water)
We say 2:1 with a grain of salt because everyone has their own preference. Some people like to drink smoothies through a straw and others like them thick enough to eat with a spoon. So, start with 1 cup of liquid and add more as desired.
In addition to the 2:1 fruit to liquid ratio, you can also add other ingredients like protein powder, greens, Greek yogurt, seeds, etc.
The best blender for smoothies
We have one vitamix and it costs you about $350 on Amazon. I have nothing bad to say about this beast. It’s super powerful, easy to clean, and makes making smoothies along with other things a breeze. I can tell you right now that this is the best blender I have ever owned and there is no going back.
If you’re looking for something a little smaller and the perfect size for smoothies, we recommend the Beast Blender. In fact, we got it a few months ago and it works great and is much cheaper than the Vitamix.
The Beast Blender is our go-to blender for smoothies, dips, soups, and everything in between. It is the perfect size and moderately priced. Oh, and oh, so powerful!
Buy on Amazon
Smoothie Ingredient Ideas
Don’t forget the toppings. If you’re like me, you don’t skimp when it comes to ingredients. Here are some of my favourites:
Frequently asked questions
What are the best things to put in a smoothie?
Start with frozen fruit and then add a 2:1 liquid, frozen fruit to the liquid. From there, add your favorite flavors like peanut butter, protein powder, and greens.
Are smoothies good for weight loss?
Smoothies are a great way to get a lot of nutrition very easily. Pack vegetables, frozen fruits, and even frozen veggies into your smoothies!
Do smoothies need yogurt?
You don’t have to use yogurt to make a delicious smoothie recipe.
How do you make a good smoothie?
A good smoothie starts with a 2:1 ratio of frozen fruit to liquid. From there, other delicious ingredients like Greek yogurt, peanut butter, and protein powder are added for flavor and nutrition.
how to make a smoothie
Do you want to make healthy smoothie recipes? With just 2 basic ingredients, you can make any combination of smoothie flavors anywhere in the world. Here’s an “equation” for a basic smoothie recipe that will never disappoint.
- 2 cups frozen fruit (bananas, berries, watermelon, etc.)
- 1 cup liquid almond milk, orange juice, water, etc.
- 1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt or any kind of yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground seeds flax or chia
- 1/4 cup protein powder whey, plant-based, soy, etc.
- handful of vegetables spinach, kale, etc.
Place frozen fruit, liquid, and any optional add-ins in a high speed blender.
Blend on high until smooth. You may need to add a little more liquid depending on how thick you like your shake.
Serve immediately and top with your favorite toppings.
Tips and Notes
- Nutritional information it was calculated using 2 cups of frozen mixed berries and 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk.
Calories: 85kcal Carbohydrates: 18gram Protein: 2gram Fat: 2gram Fiber: 4gram Sugar: elevengram
More healthy smoothies
Here are some of my favorite healthy smoothie recipes from Fit Foodie Finds, as well as the best of the best from around the web! Enjoy.
- green milkshake
- Strawberry milkshake
- Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Spinach Smoothie
- Triple Berry Protein Shake
- Banana Protein Shake
- Strawberry Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie
- Pumpkin Berry Smoothie
- Chocolate Protein Shake
- Best Pumpkin Smoothie
- Strawberry Protein Shake
- Banana and Blueberry Smoothie
- The best breakfast smoothie
- Peanut Butter Green Smoothie
- Banana Matcha Smoothie
- Dark Chocolate Date Protein Shake
- Creamy Strawberry Chia Seed Smoothie
- banana smoothie
- Pomegranate Green Smoothie Bowl
- Apple Pie Smoothie
- Shake to fight cold
- PB and J Protein Shake
- apple smoothie
- Strawberry Upside Down Pineapple Smoothie
- orange cream shake
- Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie
- Blueberry Date Smoothie Bowls
- Mango Smoothie
- kale smoothie
- Avocado Smoothie
- watermelon smoothie
- peach smoothie
- ALL Smoothie Recipes